Monday, January 7, 2013

Adventure: Good for the soul

Adventure: it's good for us. It's so easy to get caught in routine... doing the same thing over and over. Doing things the easy way. Never stopping our busy lives to enjoy the beauty of God's creation around us. And we don't go seeking it. Compared to Oregon, where I grew up, Texas terrain is much less green, lush and the lack of mountains can be saddening. Today I took a drive with my dog and ran across beauty here in Texas. I found a place only 10 minutes from home that was silent. When I opened my car door and stepped out, no noise greeted me but the quiet wind and the slightest movement of water.

We walked around, exploring and soaking in the sights (and smells) and just enjoying the brisk weather. I love people out in the "wilderness", they are so friendly. Both trucks that drove by waved politely as they passed. Why can't we acknowledge those around us in the store? Or as we're driving through town? Or waiting in line somewhere? Why do we always ignore each other instead of taking the chance to brighten or bless someone's day? Take this year to revamp the way you live, the way you define life, the way you interact with those around you. Make sure you go on little adventures. Mine took less than 2 hours today. Do not make excuses :)


On a different note: COOKING!
 Found another great recipe for Salmon last night. Dijon Salmon. I also made some cheesy potatoes and severed steamed green beans. It was quite tasty, although the salmon was a little fishier than I usually like. Check it out, it's very simple and makes a delicious meal.

No comments: