Monday, January 21, 2013

$aving Money

I'm working on learning to budget better, to save money, and spend in better ways. But we have to spend money on certain items, like food. And we want food that is appetizing and tastes good. But I was sure there was ways I could spend less while still creating delicious meals. I found this article on EatingWell.com: Ways to Save Money and it was extremely practical. Just using chicken on the bone once a week instead of boneless and skinless chicken breasts will save you $78 a year! And if you have tofu once a week instead of sirloin you could save over $200. Now that's definitely worth it. And it's just little changes once a week or so... nothing drastic. Check it out. I'm definitely going to start trying this method!

I'm also attempting to make myself be more organized and task-oriented. I'm learning to set goals and then pick out the most important goal that I need to focus on. And hopefully that one success will then help me in reaching my other goals. :)  On my iphone I downloaded the Any.Do app for writing To-Do lists. It's great. Sets reminders, you can use the calendar, and you just swipe to erase your to-do once it's accomplished... always a great feeling. :]


No comments: